Thursday, December 17, 2015

Free Wi Fi Zones are Bad



Here are my thoughts on these so called free WIFI zones for today's blog and I have experience in these WIFI zones. First of all I dont bring my laptop or tablet to hotels, the bus station, motels, and even Starbucks for internet access. For one thing hackers can bypass the host WIFI zone password for example Starbucks and since the password is easy to use the hackers can get inside of an account with ease. Plus not to mention can get any banking, email passwords, and other sensitive information at their will causing your computer to go haywire. Another reason why I do not trust free WIFI zones is most times they have slow internet connection and it takes forever to load a page in my viewpoint.

Do not get me wrong they do have some good security options for the WIFI network like for example isolation from LANs or Local Area Networks that allows the guest to isolation his WIFI network from other guest other WIFI networks in area and use the free WIFI network from a starbucks, but on the down side you have to change passwords more frequently then usually I do not change my password for 4 months at a time. But do to the rise of hackers, cyber criminals, and terrorists we have to take precautions when using WIFI networks from public places because you never know who is watching your movements online. Another security option is you can isolate from each other on the guest network what the option does is preventing other guests from doing maliciously things online to other guest on the public network such as inflecting other guests devices to prevent ID theft and somewhat hacking. In my final opinion that I think they should not have free WIFI Zones I think they need to have to pay a fee since they are customers in a business that way the security on the network will be in top order because I have notice that if a customer complaints that they have been hacked on a public network and the business who host free WIFI zones do not enforce their security protocols for customer protection take a look at the screenshots below on what can you do in the so called free WIFI Zones. One final word of wisdom do not I mean do not share your WIFI network on public networks because anyone can have access to them at anytime thank you. Here is the link to the article below tune in next time on Cyber Brotha peace.

To Share or to Not to Share:
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3014184/security/to-share-or-not-to-share-a-look-at-guest-wi-fi-networks.html



Screenshots on Security options:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home